Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Monday, January 25, 2016

, ,

Snowstorm Jonas

Last Friday night it started snowing in NYC, and it did not stop snowing until Saturday night/Sunday morning. We ended up with 26.9 inches of snow. We were literally .1 inches away from setting the all time record for the most snow in NYC EVER. We were beat by 2006, when we had a blizzard that produced 27.0 inches. Crazy how things work out.

Anyway, on Sunday I left my house at around 1pm, and trekked through Central Park with my dad. To be honest, I prefer taking photos of snow when the sky is gray, but bright blue skies are beautiful as well! There were wayyyy too many people in the park though. Growing up, there were never that many people.... Maybe I'm just a bitter New Yorker, but sheash it was borderline too crowded at times. 




When I was a kid I used to go sledding in the park with my brother. There was one particular hill that we always went to that was always really awesome. And every single time, after about an hour of sledding, a bunch of little kids and their parents would come over and ask to join us, and that used to make me so mad hahaha. "I did all of this hard work to make the track and find this hill, and you all just march over and dare ask to join my brother and I? Rude...." haha. Now I just take photos of the snow, which is definitely not as satisfying.



The snow is pretty to look at but stepping into those nasty slushy puddles that are of varying depths is NOT fun, especially when you're a cheap-ass and you buy snow boots that are not waterproof like advertised. I had to walk around all day today running errands, and man did my feet get wet. *gross*

In other news, I just submitted my application for Grad School!! Hopin', prayin', beggin' that I get in!!!!I also had my general physical today, and everything is all clear (I'm TERRIFIED of doctors/hospitals so this is kind of a big deal for me haha).

What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Girl you need some rain boots. My feet weren't as warm in my rain boots as they would have been in my snow boots, but my snow boots were too short and the snow would actually fall down into them this time, so I put on two layers of my thickest socks and stuffed my feet in my rain boots...dry the whole time!

    Good luck on your grad school application!! I hope you get in too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so insanely lucky to witness NYC in the snow, everyone in England dreams of a white NYC!
    Here its literally so cold, wet, windy and shit. So ready for summer!
    Lizzy | by Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the kids all climbing up the snow hill. Sending positive vibes about your grad school applications:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Snow in NYC is beautiful. I was lucky to visit NYC but it was the brink of spring so I didn't see Central Park in snow. Wow! It's gorgeous <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive