Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

, , ,

Olympus Pen E-PL6

Olympus Pen E-PL6 with 14-42mm lens
Nikon D3100 w/ 18-55mm lens

Got a new camera! It's the Olympus Pen E-PL6 with 14-42mm lens, mirrorless camera (top photo). I know that most bloggers and camera enthusiasts are currently raving over the E-PL7, which came out in 2015, but I was not up to purchasing a camera that cost $499. The differences between the PL6 and PL7 (from what I read) doesn't really justify a $200 increase for me. The E-PL7 has wifi access, so you can instantly upload pictures or selfies online, but to be honest that (and other specs) doesn't really intrigue me. I care most about pixels, ISO, low-light capabilities, autofocus, and image stabilization. I'm not an expert by any means, but those are things I noticed over the years that I valued most in my own photography. 

I did not take this camera out for a spin yet, but from the pictures I took so far of my room, (my room is kind of mess right now so can't share the pics haha) I'm in love. This camera costs $299, but I'm just letting you right now that for the quality of this camera, it is DEFINITELY a bargain. It's small and compact, the auto-focus is more stable/accurate and doesn't make a whole bunch of noise like my 18-55mm Nikkor Lens, the low-light photography is MUCH better than my Nikon D3100 (bottom photo), the general perspective and control is better, I'm in LOVEEE. I had some good times with my Nikon D3100, but it's time to move on...

I'm also so happy because I won't feel as paranoid taking it outside, it won't be as bulky, it's much more subtle. I hate bringing attention to myself, and every time I took out my Nikon, I would get a million stares because it's a pretty big, standard-looking DSLR camera. I feel like with this one, it won't be as bad. People are always curious when you take out a camera so looks can't be avoided, but I definitely won't get as many. 

I am so excited, can't wait to show you all some photos that I take with this camera! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh nice! I've really enjoyed using my mirrorless since I switched from my DSLR as well.

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive