Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Long time no see --- things are not good in America

Hey everyone, it's been 2 months. Jeez I'm really bad at this. School got a little crazy after I last posted, but I'll try harder to post more often.

My last post was on November 7th, just a day before the earth stood still, we were so young, naive, so mislead. On November 9th when the results were officially in, it was like doomsday in NYC, and many other cities around the U.S. Everyone was dragging their feet, it was very very dark and cloudy, people were crying, sulking, wailing, everything. It was very depressing, and upsetting. We were all so angry, scared, and filled with despair. I felt especially afraid and paranoid as a person of color that I would be targeted for a hate crime (like many others have in NYC after the election). Racial slurs and swastikas started popping up in random places around the city: the subway, payphones, walls, etc. It was such an ugly sight to see....

So it's 2 months later and we're all still pretty disgusted and upset, dreading the next 4 years, but yesterday while in Boston visiting my friend, I saw women of all colors/ages/religions marching and chanting  in solidarity, the same thing happened in cities all over the U.S., and all over the world: Washington D.C., Salt Lake City, Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Austin, Denver, Sydney, Nairobi, Capetown, Tokyo, London, even ANTARCTICA!!!

Millions of people marched yesterday all over the world, and it gave us all the needed hope and energy boost . It's only the beginning, and we need to harness this energy throughout these 4 years. Even though things will be very difficult and we'll have to deal with a crybaby in chief, I believe that we can do it. 2 years from now we will vote to replace all of the people in the senate, and I will make sure my butt is at those polls, and I'll drag whoever I know with me!
dailykos.com
Slate.com


1 comment:

  1. I have been so down about it all as well. It's so hard to believe that this is all happening and that there are so many people who think it's a good thing. I wish I could have marched with these amazing women last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive