Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

, , ,

Subway Times





Today, on my way back from Queens, I decided to take the 7 train to the new Hudson Yard train station, that was opened a couple of months ago. It's super clean, and super nice, but let me be blunt with you, the majority of the NYC subway system is kinda  really nasty. There are so many people, so much dirt, so many rats...you name it we got it. 

Fun fact: Scientists swabbed poles on different subway lines, and found traces of hundreds of different germs, including traces of the germ that causes the Bubonic Plauge...yes, THE BUBONIC PLAGUE (a non-harmful strain) but still, THE  BUBONIC PLAGUE!!!!! Click here to read more about it. 

 It's tough because the NYC subway system is so huge, and the MTA (Metropolitan Transit Authority) cannot take care of everything all at once. A lot of the stations are falling apart and are more or less  being neglected for more pressing matters. And it's kind of frustrating because the MTA has raised the fare from $2.00-2.75 within 6 years, and it seems like the whole system is getting worse and worse. So many delays, reroutes, signal trouble, trains breaking down, etc. A MESS. 

But hope you like these photos, I took them with my cellphone so they're a bit blurry.

6 comments:

  1. I definitely agree! NYC has some of the dirtiest/ generally unpleasant stations. That new station looks really nice! The thing I cannot get over when I was in America is how cheap public transport is. For that price, I would only make it down one stop at most on a bus.

    Nat | Dignifiable

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of any large city I've been to that has a fully functioning, efficient public transport system, and especially because New York is SO big I'm not surprised there are a lot of problems that need addressing. Especially the Bubonic Plague - now that is not okay! Haha

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. tiny bit scary about the bubonic plaque, lovely pictures though

    Hannah at HNNHVNBLS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the Hudson Yards station is my favorite! Maybe because it's so new and clean and feels like you're in a miniature airport. Funnily enough I don't see a lot of people here - it's pretty empty most of the time. I've seen some subway workers mopping the floors before, it's such a weird sight especially since it's concrete.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very much an introvert. While I enjoy hanging out every once in a while, I love me some me time. Just chilling.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive