Farrah. 24. NYC

About Me | Contact

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

, , ,

Changes

On Sundays I usually head over to Hillsong church, but this time around, I decided to check out Times Square Church, which is about 10 blocks north of Hillsong. I took a couple of photos of the church after the service because my goodness the interior was OUT OF THIS WORLD. The foyer was beautiful, the sanctuary was beautiful, the colors, the textures, oh my gawwwsh.




On Monday (Martin Luther King Day, I love MLK), I went to a cool cafe in Washington Heights to catch up with a friend. It was a really good time because, I've been needing to sort of empty my brain of all its contents lately. I admit, I don't talk to people enough, the weather is not helping things either haha. I'm introverted, but I love to talk about interesting things, have deep conversations about anything; I need some sort of outlet to get my thoughts and feelings out, and I think that's primarily why I like blogging....I'm rambling sorry. 


We talked for about 3 hours, about different things, and it was nice to catch up with her. We also talked a lot about our friends, and how everything is changing so quickly. So many of our friends are getting engaged, getting married, settling down into serious relationships, and both of us are still single. It's not that we're bitter or depressed about our single status, but it's kind of weird, and slightly scary watching everyone grow up and see their lives change. I've lived in NYC my whole life and I've known some of the same people for years, and so many of them are picking up and leaving, moving on to different things. Some of the people that I graduated high school with already have children, and I'm like whoah whoah whoah, where did the time go? Am I behind the curve *not to have kids because I definitely do not want kids now, but you guys know what I mean* ? What's going on?!?!?! *Ok calm down Farrah* 

Question: Are you guys going through something similar in your lives? Do you kind of feel like you're behind the curve; are there a lot of changes going on around you? Let me know your thoughts!



5 comments:

  1. It is really scary when you see your friends doing such "grown up" things like getting married and having lots of babies. Heck I'm married, but I still feel overwhelmed by how many of my friends are pregnant (or already have 3+ kids)!

    I loved that you described talking to your friend as "emptying your brain of its contents"! I love thinking of it that way, because yes-like when you have so much saved up inside and need to just dump it all out on someone who will listen. I realize that I don't do that enough. I need some coffee time friends to empty my brain to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foyer is stunning!!

    And I feel this all too well. I felt it a couple of years after leaving school and people had kids! Even moreso now as it's been 9 years since I left school this year, and some people want to do a reunion - I was looking through the profile pictures of all these people I went to school with (most I can't even remember), and they have kids and are married, or about to be! It's crazy.

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a beautiful place! I feel the same way, I'm in my senior year of college, and a girl I know just got engaged!?! It's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful church!
    All my friends are kind of at the cusp of big changes right now but I've still got another year of uni to go. So I guess I'm kind of behind the curve but I'm enjoying the current lack of responsibility while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Farrah! I'm including this post on tomorrow's "Weekly Roundup" on my blog! Just wanted you to know :) Usually I tag my shares on Twitter but since I don't see one for you, this was the best way to share.)

    ReplyDelete

Social Media

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Followers

Blog Archive